1. National Privacy Principles
As a provider of accounting, business and financial services Finnegan Partners Pty Ltd will collect information when appointed to perform accounting and related business services functions upon the affairs of individuals and organisations. We will not collect any personal information about you except when you have knowingly provided that information to us or authorised a third party to provide that information to us.
3. Use and disclosure
We will only collect, maintain and use Personal Information about you if it is necessary for us to adequately provide to you the services you have requested. We will not use or disclose Personal Information collected by us for any purpose other than:
- the purposes for which it was provided or secondary related purposes in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure; or
- where you have consented to such disclosure; or
- where the National Privacy Principles authorise use or disclosure where required or authorised under law, in circumstances relating to public health and safety and in connection with certain operations by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
We may use the personal information collected from you for the purpose of providing you with direct marketing material such as articles that may be of interest to you. However you may, by contacting us, request not to receive such information and we will give effect to that request. Please allow 2 weeks for your request to be actioned.
We may disclose your personal information to other financial service providers where you have authorised such disclosure.
4. Document security and storage
Your personal information maintained securely and is generally held in your client file. Information may also be held in a computer database. We will seek to ensure that the personal information collected and held by us is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. In the event you cease to be a client of this organisation, any personal information which we hold about you will be maintained for a period of 7 years in order to comply with legislative and professional requirements, following which time the information will be destroyed.
5. Access and correction
You may request access to your personal information by contacting our Office. We will (subject to the following exceptions) provide you with access to that information either by providing you with copies of the information requested, allowing you to inspect the information requested or providing you with an accurate summary of the information held. We will, prior to providing access in accordance with this policy, require you to provide evidence of your identity. We will not provide you with access to your personal information if:
- providing access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of a person;
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- the information is related to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between us and would not be discoverable in those proceedings;
- providing access would reveal our intentions in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations;
- providing access would be unlawful;
- denying access is required or authorised by or under law;
- providing access would be likely to prejudice certain operations by or on behalf of an enforcement body or an enforcement body requests that access not be provided on the grounds of national security. In the event we refuse you access to your personal information, we will provide you with an explanation for that refusal.
We will endeavour to ensure that, at all times, the personal information about you that we hold is up to date and accurate. In the event that you become aware, or believe, that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated, you may contact our Office, and provide us evidence of the inaccuracy or incompleteness or outdatedness and we will, if we agree that the information requires correcting, take all reasonable steps to correct the information.
If we do not agree that your personal information requires correcting, we must, if you request, take reasonable steps to ensure that whenever your personal information is accessed or handled in the future, it is apparent that you are not satisfied as to the accuracy or completeness of that information.
We will endeavour to respond to any request for access within 14-30 days depending on the complexity of the information and/or the request. If your request is urgent please indicate this clearly.
6. Privacy Complaints
8. Additional Privacy Information
Further information on privacy in Australia may be obtained by visiting the Web site of the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner athttp://www.privacy.com.au
Finnegan Partners Pty Ltd
PO Box 7144 BANYULE VIC 3084
Telephone: 03 9459 7500
Facsimile: 03 9459 7575
Finnegan Partners Pty Ltd ABN 28 220 037 471
Website Terms and Conditions
This website has been developed, for the purpose of disseminating tax, accounting and other information for the benefit of our clients and the public.
Nothing contained on this website is intended to be used as professional advice, nor as a substitute for your own independent professional's advice.
We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information or material onin this website. All information is subject to change without notice. We and each party providing material displayed on this website disclaim liability to all persons or organisations in relation to any action(s) taken on the basis of currency or accuracy of the information or material, or any loss or damage suffered in connection with that information or material. You should make your own enquiries before entering into any transaction on the basis of the information or material on this website. Please ensure you contact us to discuss your particular circumstances and how the information provided applies to your situation.
Notice of new or updated information or material available via our website may be emailed to our website members.
By clicking the Add / Update button, you acknowledge that you accept the above.